My blood stained hands
My Blood Stained Hands
My blood stained hands
What set you free.
Rooted me heavy.
Today I'm sinking in a strong under current of guilt.
Rooted me heavy.
Today I'm sinking in a strong under current of guilt.
I killed you.
I killed myself too.
Yes I realize that your emptiness has filled me.
I killed myself too.
Yes I realize that your emptiness has filled me.
I day dream - I see big red petals in bloom
Spreading on the floor, like blood trickling
Memories in embers.
The moon glows, cold and distant.
Winter gnaws.
I thaw my hands
I thaw my hands
In ash and burnt wood by the road.
Few days back I was motivated for another life.
Suddenly a million engines stopped inside my system.
"I realize we pretend that we have rights on people.
Suddenly a million engines stopped inside my system.
"I realize we pretend that we have rights on people.
Such is the illusion of love".
You were so innocent and kind.
I found 'oblivion' as a dreamer.
Emptied a bag of passion.
Time will heal us.
Time will heal us.
I want to heal you too.
Give me a chance to help you.
Give me a chance to help you.
What may bring you back.
May set me free.
Today I wish to wash my blood stained hands.
May set me free.
Today I wish to wash my blood stained hands.
If I've killed you.
I've killed myself too.
I hope you realize
I've killed myself too.
I hope you realize
Your emptiness has filled me.
- Sayan Chakravarty
Shillong, December, 2007

Comments