‘You don’t write to me anymore’
‘You don’t write to me anymore’
Tonight the weary moon rests like a dim bulb
Atop the roof of my garage
We are tangent to each other
Drawing energies in pantomime
The sky is clear
Stars twinkle
Like the glitter of bacterial light inside caves
In the stillness of these flickering embers
I stand at my wits’ end
Lonely and gloomy
As if the sun forgot to shine.
There.
I do write to you.
There.
I do write to you.
We are like the twins of a yawning mussel shell
Spat out by the raging sea.
Passionate storms that we brew, survived.
Sand and salt rub against each other.
Irritating sounds - straw on straw.
A neighbor playing an instrument out of tune !
The day’s heat and the night’s sorrow
Many hours each day.
Many months each year.
In this wait
I feel that I am destined to you.
There.
I do write to you.
There.
I do write to you.
- Sayan Chakravarty
Shillong. December 2008

Comments